Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2016

Disney Painting

Hey everyone!
So today I decided to post an artsy but simple painting. I copied the design of this from the lantern painting in Tangled, but I put my own twist on it (the hair) as it was for somebody else. Below you can see the original from the movie and my easy step by step process of creation. I apologise in advance for the poor quality of the photos my camera decided to have no charge, so they were taken on my phone instead.

Here's the original...

I started out by doing the background, so I began with the hills then I did the skyline. I did this by blocking in colour then blending in the lighter and darker tones.





I then started adding in details by blocking in the shapes of the trees, I then refined them with daker and lighter tones and detailing.




Next stage was to add the lanterns, I used a sponge to blurred and block in the shapes then perfected with a brush. I also used a few small blobs to make up the figure, a stroke of hair and voila done... see how easy this was.



Thanks for reading!
Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment