Search This Blog

Monday 1 August 2016

Homemade Biscoff spread

Hey everyone,
So you regular readers will know that I have a bit of an obsession with Biscoff Spread. However, at £3 something a jar it's not very affordable, the Biscoff biscuits on the other hand are a lot cheaper and can be bought in bulk. Therefore I had a brainwave and decided, if the biscuits are what's in Biscoff I could try to make my own spread!! After reading the ingredients I decided to give the ingredients I had in my cupboard a whirl and see what it came out like. RESULT, it tastes like actual Biscoff and 10 times better because of the satisfaction of making it yourself. Also this is a 3 ingredient recipe, BONUS!! In this I show the crunchy and smooth variations.

About 50 Biscoff biscuits*
60ml Sunflower oil
4 tbsps of Icing sugar

*reserve some for later if making the crunchy variation

You will need a food processor, preferably with a blender attachment to smooth out all those biscuit lumps.

So here's the mini Biscoff biscuits, so I stuck them in the food processor and processed into a fine crumb.
Slowly mix in half of the sunflower oil, whilst the processor is going through the small opening at the top. You will have a wet crumb mixture, at this point remove from the processor and add 10ml of sunflower oil to a blender then add the biscuit mix.

Add remaining sunflower oil on top of the biscuit mixture and mix until smooth, as seen in the picture on the right.
Transfer the mixture back into the processor and add the icing sugar, process until a smooth paste forms, as shown on the right.
To make a crunchy variation once the paste has formed mix in leftover biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs.
 
This is the finished result which I have transferred into tubs or jars. The normal smooth spread is on the left and the crunchy is on the left. Beware when you first finish them, it will be extremely runny and not yet a paste so follow the final step below for the best results.

ITS BISCOFF !!!
 To get the right texture I recommend setting in the fridge overnight then you get your smooth or crunchy spread, depending on your preference. Or make both like I did !!!

Thanks for reading,
Jennifer x


No comments:

Post a Comment