Search This Blog

Thursday 16 June 2016

Copycat Biscoff Biscuits

Hey everyone,

This is another cooking post, although not as extremely delicious as Biscoff biscuits this copycat recipe curbs the cravings the same way. I adapted a recipe I found online which I have adapted to suit ingredients I had in the house and what I thought would enhance the flavour. Feel free to completely follow the recipe or you can use my adaptation.

Original recipe:http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2010/07/biscoff-cookies-from-scratch-recipe.html

I kept most of the same ingredients but adapted a little bit.
My ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of plain flour
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 Cup of  unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 Cup of granulated sugar 
  • 1/4 Cup of molasses 
  • 1/4 Cup of dark brown sugar 
  • 3 tbsp of ground nut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
 So as I already know how to make cookies I pretty much free styled the instructions, but I will post what I did regardless as not everyone cooks as much as me.

 
Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350F/ gas 4.
  • In a bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
  • In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, oil and vanilla extract with an electric whisk on low speed.
  • Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture, whisking on a low speed until it is well combined. 
  •  Line two baking sheets and scoop a tablespoon of mixture at a time so the cookies are evenly spaced.
  • Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, leave to cool for 10 minutes then you can munch away !! 


Thanks for reading,
Jennifer x 



No comments:

Post a Comment